Formed in 1996 to design and produce innovative decoders to provide superior performance and reliability with the majority of other brands; this has culminated in a comprehensive range of types, all incorporating highly effective lightning protection and a 5 year warranty.
Complementary to decoder development, Tonick has developed a range of versatile controllers from a simple low cost stand-alone wall mount, through to a full Internet based controller with its own embedded web pages and open SCADA protocol, for city-wide irrigation networks
For companies with their own controllers, but not yet with decoders, Tonick offers a range of components which they may embed to operate proven decoders. This avoids the technical risk and time-to-market in attempting their own designs. These components range from simple as a pre-programmed micro-controller and a reference design, up to ready-made interface cards, DIN rail mounting or Eurocard. These latter can communicate with the controller using a simple ASCII protocol, or Modbus RTU slave.
A Decoder/solenoid in one small package (Decoder In A Solenoid, DIAS) is now offered. This is not much bigger than a conventional solenoid, but includes the lightning protected decoder as well. With a diagnostic multi-coloured LED and the elimination of two decoder-solenoid waterproof joints, the DIAS is a significant improvement in classic decoder technology.
Decoder-based watering systems have many advantages over satellite systems. Thanks to the quality of design and build embodied in Tonick decoders, unreliability and lightning damage are no longer a problem.
Tonick decoders are proven over twenty years? installation in well over a 3000 sites around the world. Golf, Landscape and Agriculture
Mission & core values
- Reliable, proven decoders. With a 5 year warranty , including lightning damage.
- Much simplified, but highly effective lightning protection. Significantly lower installation costs
- Ways for controller manufacturers to add decoders, avoiding technical risk and time to market
- The world’s only open-protocol system Decoder In A Solenoid (DIAS)
- Unsurpassed technical support, straight through to knowledgeable engineers.
- Always wanting to listen to requests for new products and to find solutions to field problems